This message has not yet been submitted for delivery CRM 4.0
You use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 E-Mail Router service to process e-mail messages. After a specific period of time, the service stops processing e-mail messages. Then, after the same period of time, the service starts to process e-mail messages again.
Note The value of the specific period of time is the same as the ConfigUpdatePeriod value that is set in the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml file. For example, if the ConfigUpdatePeriod value is one hour, the service stops processing e-mail messages after one hour. Then, after another hour, the service starts to process e-mail messages again.
This problem is fixed in the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Following the procedure below will change the polling period from every 1,000 seconds to every 30 seconds:
1. Go to the server where the e-mail router is installed.
2. Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service
3. Edit the file Microsoft.Crm.EmailAgent.xml with Notepad
4. Find the element SchedulingPeriod
5. Change the value (most likely currently 1000) to 30
6. Also, change the following keys:
7. Restart the Microsoft CRM Email Router service.